- Data we collect
2.1 Data you provide to us. If you visit our website, correspond with us, participate in one of our competitions or one of our promotions, participate in our surveys, post on our website, subscribe to one of our newsletters, purchase our goods, create an account, or if you communicate with or with us via one of our social media platforms, it is possible that you will provide us with data about yourself. This may include data that allows conclusions to be drawn about your person (“personal data”). If we ask you to provide specific data, we will collect the data contained in the respective forms or on the corresponding pages. You can also provide us with further information voluntarily if you contact us or otherwise interact with us.
2.2 If you are a regular visitor to our website, you can set up a user account (“user account”) with us on request. The data that you provide to us when you set up a user account includes, among others, your name, your account user name, your email address, your gender, your country of residence and your telephone number. When you register to have a user account with us, you also create an individual password which allows you to access your account.
2.3 If you decide to purchase goods on our website, we will also collect the details of your delivery address, invoicing address and payment details. Please note that we will not store your payment details; this will be carried out by an external payment service provider.
2.4 If you decide to subscribe to one of our newsletters or to receive other types of direct communication from us, you may inform us of your name, email address, gender, date of birth and personal interests.
2.5 When you visit our website, we may be able to use your personal data to improve your user experience through our recommendations that are designed specifically for you.
2.6. Data which is collected automatically. When you visit our website, we may collect the following data automatically: Your IP address, log-in data, location, browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform, information about your visit, including the URL click stream (sequence of page views) on, through and from our website, your ID for advertising purposes (if supported by your device, such as an Apple or Google product), products you are viewing or have searched for, the duration of your visit to specific pages and interactions between pages, your screen resolution and buffering issues, your user behaviour, and device IDs (such as an IMEI address (an identification number allocated to a mobile phone which is used by GSM networks to enable them to identify valid mobile devices)). The automated collection of data takes place through the use of various technologies, including “cookies” and “web beacons”.
2.7 Under certain circumstances, we may also collect data about you through our security systems when you visit our business premises.
2.8 We also work closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, subcontractors for technical services, payment services and delivery services, advertising networks, analysis service providers, search engine operators, credit agencies), and it is possible that we may receive data about you (including publicly available data) from them.
- Why we collect your data
We use the data that we collect to provide you with the best possible user experience when you visit our website and you contact us. This encompasses the use of your data for the following purposes:
- (a) Provision and improvement of our products and services: We use your data to provide you with the products and services that you have requested through the website, including when you make purchases, when we send you a confirmation email or when we contact you about your account. We use your data to improve and adapt our website, products and services so as to better correspond to the behaviour and technical capabilities of our users.
- (b) Creation and management of your account: We use your data to create your account and manage our relationship with you. We also use your data to communicate with you regarding your account and our services.
- (c) Management of the website: We use your data to manage our website for internal purposes, including troubleshooting, and so that we are able to better understand any errors that may occur when you use our website.
- (d) Improvement of the use and content of our website: We use your data to improve the content of our website and to ensure that the content is presented as effectively as possible for you and your devices.
- (e) Protection and safety. We use the data collected on our website as part of our efforts to ensure the protection and security of our website and so that we are better able to manage our IT systems. We use the data collected through our security systems to provide better protection and superior security for our premises.
- (f) Online marketing: We use your data to measure and understand the effectiveness of the advertising that we offer to you and others, and to provide you with the relevant advertising. We also use your data when we communicate with you through social media in order to build and maintain our social media brand.
- (g) Individual coordination and improvement of the user experience: To the extent permitted by law, we may combine data from external sources with the data which is provided by you and collected by us, including data obtained with cookies and web beacons. We may use this data and the summarised data to learn more about your preferences as our customer, and to improve your user experience on our website.
- (h) Enabling an end-to-end experience on all devices and platforms: We match the data that we have collected from you and received from you on a device or platform with the data that we have collected from you on other devices and/or platforms.
- (i) Provision of customer services and handling of complaints and inquiries: We may use your data to provide you with more efficient customer services and for the processing of your complaints or enquiries.
- (k) Performance of sales, transfers or refurbishments of one of our company units.
- Legal basis for the use of your data
The processing of your personal data takes place on a broad legal basis, including:
- (a) If you have given your consent: for example, we require your consent when we use cookie technologies or when we process special categories of personal data.
- (b) Where the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract: for example, to deliver goods that you have ordered in our internet shop.
- (c) If we have to comply with a legal obligation: where we must, for example, disclose your data to a public enforcement authority or to either your agents or our agents who represent us in a legal dispute.
- (d) Where the processing is required by our legitimate interests; these include, for example: (1) providing our products to you, (2) ensuring that your account is adequately protected and our website, network and information technology are secure and properly used, (3) the better understanding of how you use our products and our website and the making of improvements, (4) researching and analysing the products you want, (5) efficient communication, (6) security with respect to our business operations and those of our business partners, as well as monitoring the areas in and around our business premises to protect our employees, customers and the general public from misconduct or criminal acts, (7) developing and maintaining relationships with suppliers, partners and other companies, and dealing with the persons working for them, (8) maintaining knowledge surrounding current market practice to ensure that we offer a service which is competitive and meets our customers’ expectations, as well as (9) determining the effectiveness of advertising on our website; in some countries, this type of data processing requires the appropriate consent. We will seek your consent if we are legally obliged to do so.
- Forwarding and disclosure of data
- (a) We disclose aggregated, anonymised or otherwise non-personal data to advertising partners, advertising networks and social networks who require this data so that we are able to offer you and others selected, relevant advertisements. We also use aggregated data to help advertising partners address the type of audience that they want to reach.
- (b) We use the personal data that we have collected from you to help our advertising partners show their advertisements to a target audience and to present our advertising messages to you. This means that you will be shown advertisements that are of greater interest to you because of the personal data which we have collected from you, and
- (c) We will forward specific personal data to others, or make use of the data of analysis services and search engine providers, which help us to improve and optimise our website to achieve a better individual coordination of our content and advertising.
- Opt-in or opt-out in terms of direct marketing
6.1 We and selected third parties may use the data you provide us on our website for the purposes of direct marketing to send you updates, newsletters or other communications which we think may be of interest to you.
6.2 If required by law, your consent will be obtained before we send direct marketing material to you. We will consistently provide you with the opportunity to opt out from direct marketing in every message that we send you.
6.3 You are able to object to the receipt of direct marketing material from us at any time by contacting us by email at the email address provided below or by making use of the opt-out feature in our email messages.
- Cookies and other technologies
7.2 We also use web beacons, which are also generally known as “single pixel GIFs”, “clear GIFs” or “tags”. Web beacons are small graphic files which may also be included on our website. Web beacons allow us to optimise our products and services and provide analysis data to us and third parties, such as the number of visitors to our website. We can also use web beacons in our email correspondence to determine whether you are opening an email or doing anything else with it. We also work with other organisations to place our web beacons on their websites or advertisements. We do this so that we can compile statistics on how often clicking an advertisement on a website from Goose Wine or an advertising partner leads to a purchase or another interaction on the website of an advertising partner.
- Links to other websites and social media
8.2 On some pages of our website, content, applications or plug-ins from third parties may be made available which track your use of content, applications or plug-ins and/or optimise your use of content, applications or plug-ins. If, for example, you share an article with others using a social media share button (such as Facebook, Twitter, or Google Plus) on our website, the social network which created the button will record this process.
- Data retention
9.1 We will not retain your data for any longer than is necessary for our business purposes or as stipulated in the legal and/or supervisory requirements.
9.2 We will retain your data as long as you have an account with Goose Wine and we shall continue to do so if necessary to fulfil our legal obligations, for the retention of data for tax and accounting purposes, for example. Your data will be stored in accordance with our internal data retention regulations.
9.3 If you object to the receipt of direct marketing material from us or opt-out of it, we will remove your contact details and your agreement with and/or consent to marketing actions, to ensure that you no longer receive any advertising messages from us in the future. Personal data will not be erased by us if its continued storage is necessary for investigation or investigative purposes or in the context of a legal dispute. In such a case, such data will be stored until the matter is fully resolved.
- Your rights
10.1 Depending on the applicable law and under specific conditions, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data:
- (a) Right of access to your personal data. If you would like to receive a copy of the personal data that we have stored about you, please contact us using the email address provided below. Before we respond to your request, we may ask you to verify your identity and to provide further details about your request. We will try to process your request within a reasonable time, but shall do so within the legally prescribed time under all circumstances.
- (b) Right to the rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of your personal data. If you wish to rectify, erase or restrict the processing of your personal data, please contact us using the email address provided below. It is your responsibility to ensure that you provide true, accurate and complete details and to keep them up to date at all times.
- (c) Right of withdrawal. If you have provided us with your consent to the processing of your data, you may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the email address provided below.
- (d) Right to data portability. You can ask us to help you transfer some of your data to other companies. In this respect, you are entitled to request that we transfer your data to another company in an easily readable format. You can submit your request by email using the email address provided below.
- (e) Right of objection. If applicable, you may object to the way in which we process your personal data or to profiling-based direct marketing, provided that there is a legitimate interest in doing so, by submitting your request by email using the email address provided below.
- (f) The right not to be subject to automated decision-making.
- (g) The right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority. If you have a complaint about the way we handle your personal data, you may contact your local supervisory authority.
10.2 If you have set up a user account, you can access the personal data we have stored about you via your user account and receive a copy of it; you can also rectify and supplement your personal data or erase it. You can also close your user account at any time.
10.3 If you would like to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the email address provided below.
11.1 We are able to use your data to try to find out more about you, so that we may be able to better predict which products and services you may be interested in.
11.2 On some of our e-commerce websites, we commission service providers who use automated decision-making processes to check your address and your creditworthiness. This allows us to ensure that we are using the correct address data and to assess the risk of non-payment for our products and services.
- Data security
12.1 We use physical, technical and administrative measures to protect your personal data stored by us against unauthorised access, unauthorised collection, use, publication, duplication, alteration or erasure. All the data you provide to us is stored on secure servers.
12.2 If you have a password to access our website, you are responsible for the secure storage of the password and its confidentiality.
- Transfer of data worldwide
13.1 Due to the fact that the internet offers a global environment, the collection and processing of personal data via the internet invariably entails the international transfer of data. We usually store the personal data that we collect about you with our website in your region (in the case of visitors from Europe, for example, in the European Economic Area), but your personal data may also be transferred to parties outside your region (where other data protection laws apply, for example, in the United States of America).
13.2 If this occurs, we have implemented safeguards and data protection solutions to ensure that your data is adequately protected in third countries through the use of standard contractual clauses, for example, or by invoking the Privacy Shield if necessary. If you would like more information about this, please contact us using the email address provided below.
- Use of the website by minors
In using this website, you confirm that you are over 16 years of age. If you provide us with data even though you are 16 years old or younger, we will stop processing this data as soon as we become aware of this.
The data generated by etracker will be processed and stored exclusively in Germany on behalf of the provider of this website by etracker and is therefore subject to the strict data protection laws and standards of Germany and the European Union. etracker has been independently tested, certified and awarded the ePrivacyseal data protection quality seal.
The data processing takes place on the basis of the statutory provisions of point (f) of Article 6 (1) GDPR (legitimate interest). Our purpose in terms of the GDPR (legitimate interest) is the optimisation of our online offering and our website. As the privacy of our visitors is important to us, data that may allow for a connection to a single person, such as the IP address, login or device identifiers, will be anonymised or pseudonymised as quickly as possible. No other use, combination with other data or disclosure to third parties shall take place.
You may object to the processing of data described above at any time. Your objection will not have any adverse consequences.
Further information on data protection at etracker is available here.